Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Everything's Better on the Hill, Even the Weather

Hey Hill residents, have you ever noticed that the weather in our neighborhood always seems to be more temperate? Yesterday and Sunday's frigid temps only confirmed my suspicions that Capitol Hill has the best weather in DC. Upon leaving Metro Center and returning to Potomac Avenue on Sunday I felt a 5 degree increase in temperature and a significant decrease in wind. I spoke to several other Hill friends and they agreed with my observations, even noting that the Hill is cooler than other DC burroughs in the scorching summer. How did we get so lucky? Does anyone know why this happens? Is it due to our slight elevation above the city?

1 comment:

Tom A. said...

I've noticed it too, especially in the morning on the way to work. It ALWAYS seems colder downtown! No clue why though, except perhaps more wind off the Potomac River? I work about a mile from there, but it still seems windier than at home most of the time.